The next game in the Oddworld series, Oddworld: Soulstorm, is coming soon.
Oddworld: Soulstorm will be the re-imagined version of the 1998 Oddworld: Abe’s Exodus coming and it’s coming out next year. This new game has similar vibes to 2014’s Oddworld: New n’ Tasty that was a remake of Abe’s Exodus.
Are you ready to go on another crazy adventure with Abe?
The first trailer of Oddworld: Soulstorm gives us some insight into how the game would play out. It feels both very familiar and exciting to see Abe running through the factory, solving puzzles and rescuing his fellow countrymen. Here is a rundown of the features in the game from the video preview:
- The game is a 2.5D action adventure game where both stealth and aggressiveness will be needed.
- Weapons available in the game are consumer products redone into firearms.
- There are multiple layers in the game.
- This episode focuses on the Soulstorm Brew, an energy drink that hides an evil purpose that will be unveiled during the game.
- The first play is estimated to run for 12-15 hours, but the playing time can be extended to up to 100 hours for players that want to replay it collecting everything they’ve left off in the first run.
There is not much information to start, but it´s enough to delight all the fans of the series. Keep in mind that Oddworld: Abe’s Exodus was an excellent platform and puzzles game that got remarkable success back in the day. For now, it looks like some new ideas have been added to it, and it looks definitely attractive.
Oddworld Inhabitants still hasn’t announced for which platforms the game is coming out, but we expect that Oddworld: Soulstorm will be launching on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC. It´s expected to expected to come next year, but you can watch the first teaser.
from News, updates from the DLCompare.com Blog https://www.dlcompare.com/blog/news/oddworld-soulstorm-first-look-and-impressions/