You didn’t mean it but it happened. Your fingers accidentally got on the “delete” icon and a photo just disappeared. If only your iPhone had a safety net like that of a Recycle Bin in your desktop, then you wouldn’t freak out so much. Wait. There probably is a safety net. You just don’t know it yet.
For many people, photos are the single most important content on their iPhone. So losing your photos can be something of a catastrophe.
The good news is that even if you accidentally delete some (or all) of your photos, there are a few ways to get them back.
There’s really no need to despair over a deleted photo on an iPhone. There are a couple of apps that you can use to recover deleted photos. The first of which is the Photos app. This particular app has a “Recently Deleted” folder.
Some people might not realize that Apple provides a “recently deleted” photo folder in the Photos app — think of it like the Recycle Bin on your computer desktop. It holds all the photos that have been deleted for 30 days. On day 31, a deleted photo is deleted permanently — but until then it’s easy to recover.
1. Open the Photos app.
2. Scroll down the list of Other Albums and tap “Recently Deleted.”
3. Tap “Select” at the top right of the screen.
4. Select every photo that you want to return to your iPhone.
5. In the lower right corner, tap “Recover All.”
You can also recover your photos from your backups in iCloud.
If the photos are already gone from the Recently Deleted folder, then you may be able to get your photos back by restoring your phone to a backup.
The disadvantage of this approach is that you will need to replace all the other content on your phone — apps, data, text messages, and so on — with an older backup, which you might not want to do. If the backup you want to restore is fairly recent though, it might be worth it.
If you use iCloud to back up your phone, follow these steps.
1. Backup your phone so that if something goes awry, or you don’t like the content of the older backup and are willing to give up the photos, you can return to your current configuration. Follow the instructions in our article ” How to backup an iPhone to iCloud, your computer, or an external hard drive.”
2. After the backup is complete, perform a factory reset, and then restore the phone to a backup that’s old enough to include the photos you have lost. Our article ” How to restore your iPhone from a backup after taking the ‘nuclear option’ of a factory reset” has all the details to complete these steps.
3. When the restore is complete, check the Photos app to see if you recovered the photos you lost. If not, you can repeat the process and restore an older backup, or return to the most recent backup.
If the older backup has the photos you’re looking for, but you don’t like the rest of the older version, you can try emailing the photos to yourself or uploading them onto an external cloud service (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.), and then returning your phone to its later version.
If you’re still using iTunes to backup your files, here’s how you can recover your deleted photos.
1. Start iTunes on your computer.
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer and then click the iPhone icon when it appears in the upper left corner of the iTunes window.
3. Click the “Summary tab” in the pane on the left.
4. In the Backups section, click “Restore Backup.”
5. Choose the backup you want to restore to your phone.
6. When the restore is complete, check the Photos app to see if you recovered the photos you lost. If not, you can repeat the process and restore an older backup, or return to the most recent backup.
So, don’t worry about a deleted photo on your iPhone. You can get it back so long as you have the said apps. If you’re still not using any of the said apps, it’s time that you finally do.
Recovering a photo from your iPhone is not as easy as recovering data from your Mac. There is a difference between the two.
While your iPhone can rely on certain apps for recovery, Mac data recovery is better off with a trusted firm. Visit https://www.harddrivefailurerecovery.net/contact-us/ to get with a trained technician who can recover data from your Mac.
Looking For A Deleted Phone On Your iPhone? Try These Apps. See more on: HDRA